Siemens Stiftung Smart Energy Solutions for Africa (SESA) 2022 for African Entrepreneurs in Sustainable Energy. Apply below.
When is Application Deadline?
20th November 2022
What is the Siemens Stiftung Smart Energy Solutions for Africa?
Siemens Stiftung on behalf of the Smart Energy Solutions for Africa (SESA) consortium is calling Small and Medium-sized Enterprises with a focus on sustainable energy solutions from Ghana, Malawi, Morocco and South Africa to apply for its first SESA Call for Entrepreneurs. Enterprises with innovative, scalable and impactful business ideas will join the SESA Incubator Programme and receive grant funding of up to 70,000 Euro. Women-led enterprises are particularly encouraged to apply.
SESA aims to test, validate and later replicate scalable energy solutions in multiple locations supported by solid business models and partnerships between African and European stakeholders. SESA focuses on innovation within the three areas of (1) energy access, (2) productive use and (3) circular economy.
The uptake of new solutions and business models requires close cooperation between innovative entrepreneurs, local enterprises, industry, city administrations and research and academic institutions. Small and Medium-sized Enterprises can play a key role in this process through the provision of their innovative products or services and by having a positive social as well as environmental impact on their communities.
With the acceptance that energy access and productive use are strongly correlated with economic development, this first SESA Call for Entrepreneurs focuses primarily on Productive Use of Energy (PUE) solutions in Ghana, Malawi, Morocco and South Africa.
The below country challenges provide further information on thematic and regional focus per country.
- Country Challenge Ghana
- Country Challenge Malawi
- Country Challenge Morocco
- Country Challenge Morocco (FR)
- Country Challenge South Africa
Which Countries are Eligible?
Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) in Ghana, Malawi, Morocco and South Africa.
What Type of Award is This?
Who is Eligible for Siemens Stiftung Smart Energy Solutions for Africa?
We can only consider applications, which meet the below minimum criteria:
- Your enterprise must be registered and operationally active in Ghana, Malawi, Morocco, or South Africa;
- Your enterprise must have officially been in operation for at least two years;
- Your enterprise must have generated revenues and provide financial statements for the last two years (if 2021 is not available yet, please provide financial statements for 2019 and 2020);
- Your enterprise must contribute to at least two of the SESA Key Performance Indicators (please see the Application Form for further detail);
- There are no pending litigations against your enterprise or members of its management team;
- Thematic focus of country challenge must be met.
Women-led and women-owned businesses are particularly encouraged to apply.
What is the Benefit of Siemens Stiftung Smart Energy Solutions for Africa?
Successful applicants will receive both financial and non-financial support:
● Funding of Euro 50,000 up to EUR 70,000 over max. 18 months per selected business
● Access to non-financial support such as mentoring, coaching, and technical assistance, which is based on an individual needs assessment
How to Apply for Siemens Stiftung Smart Energy Solutions for Africa:
Participants are requested to carefully read and follow the instructions:
- Review the Eligibility Criteria to make sure your social enterprise is eligible
- Review the Required (Mandatory) Documents to make sure you can provide all documents with your application
- Fill in the Application Form; please try to stay within the character limit
- Submit your complete application (including the Application Form and all relevant documents) via e-mail to [email protected] by 20th November 2022.
- Applying to an open call takes time and dedication and we would like to make sure that you succeed, hence we have provided a quick check-list for your application
Visit Award Webpage for Details
Credit: Source link