IIT Patna Vishlesan I-Hub Foundation call for proposals under NIDHI-EIR is National Initiative for Developing and Harnessing Innovation – Entrepreneur-in-Residence. TIH IIT Patna will facilitate fellowship grants to budding entrepreneurs for pursuing a promising technology business idea.
- Technology business ideas with larger technology uncertainties and/ or long gestation periods
- Technology business ideas leveraging technology or IP from publicly funded research or academic organizations
- Technology business ideas with considerable potential for social impact or job creation.
- Women entrepreneurs
- Guidance from mentors & experts on business concepts related to commercialization.
- Access to co-working spaces and lab facilities subject to policies of IIT Patna Vishlesan I-Hub Foundation.
- The support to early-stage, product-focused young entrepreneurs working on the innovative big ideas would be for a maximum period of 18 months.
- As an NIDHI-EIR an entrepreneur gets office space, administrative support and a stipend to establish/make the most of their ideas and turn innovative breakthroughs into viable businesses.
- The NIDHI-EIR support recipient will be eligible for grant maximum of Rs.30,000/- per month with a minimum level of Rs.10,000/- per month for a period of 12 months extendable up to 18 months in case of deserving candidates subject to approval of the selection committee at respective NIDHI-TBI
- To encourage graduating student to take up entrepreneurship as a career option by providing fellowship support
- Deserving and budding entrepreneurs to pursue their ventures without any additional risks involved in technology-based businesses
- Subsistence grant to partially set off their opportunity costs of high paying jobs
- To create, nurture and strengthen a pipeline of entrepreneurs
- To enable creation of new start-ups by entrepreneurs and significant progress towards raising funding or investment.
- Multimodal AI in Education, Judiciary, Tourism, and Ecommerce.
- Multilingual QA and Chatbot.
- Sentiment Analysis Techniques in Indian languages Neural Machine Translation for Extremely Lowresource Languages.
- AI based mis-information detection and prevention system.
- AI based personalized learning augmentation.
- Hate/Fake Videos Detection.
- Development of Speech Technologies for Indian Languages.
- Drone and counter drone technologies.
- Point care diagnostics and health care.
- Embedded systems, nanotechnolgies- sensors, drug delivery.
- Civil and defence cyber-security aspects.
- RF & Telematics.
- The EIR applicant should be a citizen of India
- Applicant should have completed 4 years of formal full time undergraduate/post graduate education (across one or more-degree programs) with graduation /diploma in science or engineering. Applicants holding 3 years degree /diploma in science or engineering with 2 year full-time work experience after completion of degree or diploma are also eligible.
- Applicant shall be willing to pursue the business idea under NIDHI EIR full time. It cannot be concurrent with any other remuneration or fellowship.
- The applicant shall propose one technology business idea in a prescribed format and should have a formal business plan for the idea they intend to pursue
- Applicant seeking the support should demonstrate the ability to build a scalable technology business startup and make a business presentation including the investment proposal.
- The applicant should be willing to be registered for the pre-incubation or incubation program at the IIT Patna Vishlesan I-Hub Foundation for the entire duration of NIDHI-EIR support.
For more information, visit https://tih.iitp.ac.in/index.php/notification/nidhi-eir
Credit: Source link