Duties of Business Development Manager –Business development managers (or BDMs) support the growth of a company. Read more about the duties of business development manager.
Business development managers (or BDMs) support the growth of a company by continuously discovering and approaching potential customers of its products or services, and converting them into clients.
Ultimately, it is a sales position intended to increase the number of clients a firm has and, thus, its income. Duties of Business Development Manager
Business development managers are often found in B2B (business-to-business) enterprises that provide vast and complicated services.
Business Development Managers are often responsible for discovering sales prospects and leads, pitching and selling products and services, and maintaining positive customer and user relationships. Information Guide Nigeria
Typically, the Business Development Manager is the initial point of contact for new potential clients requesting information about the company’s products and services. In addition to responding to RFPs and bids, the Business Development Manager generates sales in new sales regions. Duties of A Content Creator
Read Also: Duties of a FedEx Package Handler
A Business Development Manager is a person who is in charge of making their department grow. They work with their sales team to make proposals that are good for both sides, negotiate the terms of contracts, and communicate well with stakeholders.
A Business Development Manager, also called a Business Development Executive, is in charge of making sure that the company’s sales, marketing, and business development professionals meet the company’s business goals.
Their jobs include comparing current sales numbers to goals, dividing up sales and marketing tasks among team members, and meeting with upper management to talk about their progress.
The business development manager (BDM) is often the first person a potential new client talks to at a business when they want to learn more about the products and services the business offers. The BDM also answers requests for proposals (RFPs) and bids and builds sales in new sales territories.
Read Also: Duties of a Supervisor
Duties of business development manager
- Maintain relationships with current clients and find places where new clients might be.
- Getting in touch with potential clients to do business with them and meeting with them
- Develop new sales areas and increase sales in different ways
- Researching what’s new in the business world and making new business opportunities
- Work with the sales team and the design team to make sure requirements, like sales numbers and profit goals, are met.
- Train less experienced salespeople to reach their sales goals and meet expectations.
- To stay competitive, a business needs to have a deep understanding of its products or services, as well as its market position and its competitors.
- Getting in touch with potential clients to build relationships and set up meetings.
- Creating and running new marketing projects.
- Doing research on groups and people to find new opportunities.
- Getting new customers while increasing the value of the ones you already have.
- Finding and developing new markets and making sales better are important.
- Going to conferences, meetings, and other events in the industry.
- Putting together quotes and proposals for customers.
- Setting goals for the development team and the growth of the business and making sure they are met. 15 Best Women Skirts in Nigeria and their Prices
- Training staff and helping team members get better at what they do.
- Positions the company in the market by finding, building, defining, and ending business relationships.
- Finds ideas that will set trends by researching the industry and events, publications, and announcements that are related to it.
- Keeps track of individual contributors and what they’ve done.
- Finds or suggests possible business deals by getting in touch with possible partners.
- Finds business opportunities and looks into them.
- Screens possible business deals by looking at market strategies, requirements for the deal, and financials.
Read Also: Duties of a Real Estate Agent
- Looks at the options and decides what the internal priorities are.
suggests investing in stocks.
- Studies how a new venture fits in with the company’s strategies and operations to come up with negotiating strategies and positions.
- Looks at the risks and opportunities for the business.
- Estimates the needs and goals of the partners. NYSC portal
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements, making and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Keeps information secret to protect the value of the organization.
- Improves the organization’s reputation by taking responsibility for doing new and different things.
- looks for ways to add more value to things done on the job.
- Research and find new business opportunities, such as new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products, and services, or new ways to reach existing markets.
- Find the right person to talk to in an organization
- Find leads and call potential customers out of the blue
- Talk to customers or clients in person or on the phone
- Build relationships with customers and clients. Romantic love message
- Understand what your customers want and be able to come up with a plan to meet those needs.
- Think strategically, which means seeing the big picture and setting goals and objectives to help the business grow and get better.
- Work strategically, which means doing the planning you need to make changes in operations.
- Romantic love message
- Make contracts with clients. Depending on the size of the business, this job may be done by someone else, or the contracts may not be as formal.
- Have a good understanding of the business’s products or services and be able to tell others about them
- Make sure everyone in the organization is on board and knows why change is needed and what they need to do.
- Train your team members, setting up outside training when necessary.
- Talk to the marketing department about your marketing plan and activities
- Communicate with the finance team, warehousing team, and logistics team as needed.
- Look for ways to make the business run better.
- Where it makes sense, go to seminars, conferences, and other events
- Keep up with the latest business trends and changes.
Read Also: Duties of An Anesthesiologist
- Create a growth plan that focuses on both making money and making customers happy.
- Do research to find new markets and what customers want
- Set up meetings with potential clients for business
- Promote the company’s goods and services by addressing or guessing the clients’ goals.
- Make sure sales contracts follow the rules and guidelines set by the law.
- Keep track of sales, income, bills, etc. JAMB portal
- Give honest feedback and support after the sale
- Make long-term connections with both new and current customers.
- Train people at the entry level to be good salespeople.
- Making plans and strategies for growth
- Keeping in touch with and managing your current clients
- Getting more clients Duties of Merchandiser
- Knowing a lot about business products and their value proposition
- Putting together business plans
- Talking with different parties
- Figuring out what your business does well and what your customers want
- Researching business opportunities and ways to make money that are likely to work
- Keeping up with industry trends in your area and around the world
- Making and looking over contracts Good morning my love messages
- Reporting on what went well and what needs to be fixed
Read Also: Duties of a Teacher Assistant
We hope you find this article useful.
Check JAMB Result
Check and Confirm: How much is Dollar to Naira
👍Advertise your business on InfoGuideNigeria.com!
From just N9,999 per month, you can advertise your products and services to over 1,500,000 monthly users on our website. Click here to read more.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
Click Here to Join our Google Group
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us for immediate removal.
🤑 Start Making Money from home today!
Credit: Source link