HOUSTON – The University of Houston women’s basketball team seeks a season sweep of Tulane on national television at 1 p.m. Sunday inside Fertitta Center. Houston won the meeting in New Orleans 59-56 just over 20 days ago.
- After scoring 17 points at Cincinnati junior Laila Blair is 8 points away from 1,000 career points. She will become Houston’s 29th 1,000-point scorer.
- Houston is on national television for the first time this season.
- Cougar players are wearing gold laces to fight Pediatric Cancer – Lace Up for Pediatric Cancer.
- Houston is looking for the season sweep against Tulane for the first time since the 2017-18 season.
- The Cougars will be wearing gold laces to bring awareness to pediatric cancer, Houston’s Lace Up 4 Pediatric Cancer game.
LAST TIME OUT
- Houston put together its largest all-time series win against Cincinnati with its 24-point win on Wednesday.
- Four Cougars scored in double figures and graduate Tatyana Hill recorded her 13th-career double-double.
- Houston’s field goal percentage defense was the best since 2014 and best in head coach Hughey’s time at the helm holding Cincinnati to 23.5% for the game.
- Cincinnati scored less than 10-points in three different quarters.
- Houston allowed a season-low 39 points against Cincinnati.
- Houston ranks second nationally in steals per game (13.5) and third in turnovers forced per game (24.8).
- The Cougars rank 11th nationally in three-point percentage defense (25.3%).
- Houston and Lipscomb are the only two schools in the country to have played four overtime games this season.
- Houston ranks 33rd nationally in offensive rebounds per game (14.4).
- Houston’s turnover margin is 7th nationally (+7.3).
- Hill ranks 34th nationally in steals (48).
- Blair was a unanimous Preseason All-Conference First Team selection by The American coaches.
- The Cougars were picked to finish second in the league and received two first place votes in the Coaches Poll.
- Blair was one of three players in The American in 2021-22 to make six 3-pointers in one game and the only player in the conference with two games of six-plus 3-pointers made.
Houston record vs Tulane 20-31
home / away / neutral 9-13 / 10-14 / 2-4
Last meeting W, 59-56, 1/5/23, New Orleans, La.
Streak Houston, 2
TICKETS ON SALE
Fans may purchase single-game tickets for all home games by clicking here. To purchase 2022-23 season tickets, click here. Fans may click here anytime or call 713-GO-COOGS (462-6647) during regular business hours.
SUPPORT HOUSTON RISE
Join Houston Rise, a $150 million fundraising campaign for Houston Athletics dedicated to championship success in the Big 12 Conference. Every Houston Rise contribution prepares our Cougars to compete and win when we start Big 12 competition in July 2023. Click here to rise and be counted.
JOIN the FAST BREAK CLUB
Fans are invited to join the Fast Break Club to support Houston Women’s Basketball. Fast Break Club members provide financial support directly to Houston Women’s Basketball for needs beyond the program’s operating budget. For more information about the Fast Break Club, click here.
Fans can receive updates by following @UHCougarWBB on Twitter and catch up with the latest news and notes on the team by clicking LIKE on the team’s Facebook page at UHCougarWBB or on the team’s Instagram page at @UHCougarWBB.
– UHCougars.com –
Credit: Source link