HOUSTON – The Houston women’s basketball team has started American Athletic Conference play 3-0 for the first time since 2017-18 and seeks its first 4-0 start to conference play since 2010-11 on Saturday at Tulsa.
- Junior Laila Blair is 67 points away from 1,000 career points.
- Houston has won the last four meetings against UCF including the last two games in Tulsa.
- Houston is looking to start conference play 4-0 for the first time since 2010-11 with a win.
LAST TIME OUT
- Graduate Tatyana Hill moved to 27th all-time in UH scoring history (1,033) passing Dorian Branch (1,030).
- Houston started conference play 3-0 for the first time since 2017-18 by dismantling UCF 80-42.
- The 38-point win was the largest margin of victory since Houston beat Temple by 37 points in 2020-21.
- The 80 points tied an all-time high point scored by the Cougars against the Knights.
- Houston broke a 12-game losing streak to UCF.
- Senior Bria Patterson tied a career-high 18 points.
- Houston forced 38 turnovers by UCF.
Houston ranks third nationally in steals per game (14.4) and third in turnovers forced per game (25.8).
The Cougars rank 18th nationally in three-point percentage defense (25.4%).
Houston and Lipscomb are the only two schools in the country to have played four overtime games this season.
Houston ranks 27th nationally in offensive rebounds per game (15.1).
Houston’s turnover margin is 8th nationally (+7.19).
Hill ranks 28th nationally in steals (40).
Onyeje ranks 22nd nationally in three-point attempts (117).
Blair was a unanimous Preseason All-Conference First Team selection by The American coaches.
Blair has scored 10-plus in 11 consecutive games.
The Cougars were picked to finish second in the league and received two first place votes in the Coaches Poll.
Blair was one of three players in The American in 2021-22 to make six 3-pointers in one game and the only player in the conference with two games of six-plus 3-pointers made.
Houston record vs Tulsa 13-18
home / away / neutral 8-6 / 5-10 / 0-2
Last meeting W, 65-64, 2/2/22, Away
Streak Houston, 4
TICKETS ON SALE
Fans may purchase single-game tickets for all home games by clicking here. To purchase 2022-23 season tickets, click here. Fans may click here anytime or call 713-GO-COOGS (462-6647) during regular business hours.
SUPPORT HOUSTON RISE
Join Houston Rise, a $150 million fundraising campaign for Houston Athletics dedicated to championship success in the Big 12 Conference. Every Houston Rise contribution prepares our Cougars to compete and win when we start Big 12 competition in July 2023. Click here to rise and be counted.
JOIN the FAST BREAK CLUB
Fans are invited to join the Fast Break Club to support Houston Women’s Basketball. Fast Break Club members provide financial support directly to Houston Women’s Basketball for needs beyond the program’s operating budget. For more information about the Fast Break Club, click here.
Fans can receive updates by following @UHCougarWBB on Twitter and catch up with the latest news and notes on the team by clicking LIKE on the team’s Facebook page at UHCougarWBB or on the team’s Instagram page at @UHCougarWBB.
– UHCougars.com –
Credit: Source link