HOUSTON – The University of Houston women’s basketball team looks to get back to winning ways on Wednesday at 6 p.m. in Cincinnati against a Bearcats team that is winless thus far in conference play.
- Junior Laila Blair is 25 points away from 1,000 career points.
- Houston is looking to curb a three-game losing skid.
- Cincinnati has lost six-straight games.
- Houston has 10 games remaining on its schedule.
- Houston has played three-straight games decided by three points or fewer. It is the first time since 2013 that three-straight games have been decided by five or fewer points.
LAST TIME OUT
- Senior Tiara Young scored a career-high 24 points at SMU.
- Houston recorded 11 blocks at SMU, second-most in school history.
- The last three games for Houston have been decided by five or fewer points, the first time since 2013 such streak has occurred.
- Houston had a shot with seven seconds remaining at SMU and an open shot at the buzzer to tie the game but both shots rattled out.
- Houston ranks second nationally in steals per game (13.6) and third in turnovers forced per game (24.9).
- The Cougars rank 13th nationally in three-point percentage defense (25.6%).
- Houston and Lipscomb are the only two schools in the country to have played four overtime games this season.
- Houston ranks 21st nationally in offensive rebounds per game (15.2).
- Houston’s turnover margin is 7th nationally (+7.32).
- Hill ranks 36th nationally in steals (46).
- Blair was a unanimous Preseason All-Conference First Team selection by The American coaches.
- The Cougars were picked to finish second in the league and received two first place votes in the Coaches Poll.
- Blair was one of three players in The American in 2021-22 to make six 3-pointers in one game and the only player in the conference with two games of six-plus 3-pointers made.
Houston record vs Cincinnati 8-23
home / away / neutral 2-10 / 3-10 / 3-3
Last meeting W, 67-45, 3/7/22, Fort Worth, Texas
Streak Houston, 1
TICKETS ON SALE
Fans may purchase single-game tickets for all home games by clicking here. To purchase 2022-23 season tickets, click here. Fans may click here anytime or call 713-GO-COOGS (462-6647) during regular business hours.
SUPPORT HOUSTON RISE
Join Houston Rise, a $150 million fundraising campaign for Houston Athletics dedicated to championship success in the Big 12 Conference. Every Houston Rise contribution prepares our Cougars to compete and win when we start Big 12 competition in July 2023. Click here to rise and be counted.
JOIN the FAST BREAK CLUB
Fans are invited to join the Fast Break Club to support Houston Women’s Basketball. Fast Break Club members provide financial support directly to Houston Women’s Basketball for needs beyond the program’s operating budget. For more information about the Fast Break Club, click here.
Fans can receive updates by following @UHCougarWBB on Twitter and catch up with the latest news and notes on the team by clicking LIKE on the team’s Facebook page at UHCougarWBB or on the team’s Instagram page at @UHCougarWBB.
– UHCougars.com –
Credit: Source link